What is a Core Charge?
A “Core Charge” is similar to the deposit you might pay for a can or bottle of soda. In many states, to promote recycling, you are charged a deposit when you purchase a can of soda and you receive your deposit back when you return the empty can. Many automotive parts have a Core Charge, or Core Price, that works the same way as a soda can deposit.
Here’s how the Core Charge works:
- The part you are purchasing contains a component that is recyclable
- The Core Charge deposit is only charged to your credit card after 21 days and only if the core component is not returned to us within that time frame.
- When the recyclable component from your old part is returned to us, the hold is refunded to you
To receive your Core Charge refund, you can do either of the following:
- Include the Core component in the same box that the replacement part was included in.
- Use the included packing slip to cover the cost of shipping and place it on the outside
- Drop it off ay any UPS Store or call for pick up
Core returns need to be for the exact part purchased and cannot be damaged. Fluids must be drained.Core Charges are often mandated by state legislature, and, as such, the actual core charge and taxes on the charge may vary depending on the state in which you buy your part. The Tamerx core charge presented to you online today with your item is representative of the most common core charge.